Can you help me get health insurance?
Currently we're not accepting new health patients. We intend to open options in 2016. We can, in some cases, still give you advice and recommendations. Health insurance is a convoluted matter with lots going on behind the scenes. We're happy to assist with any questions you may have.
Do I have to buy it?
In some form or another, yes. Employers are now required to provide full-time employees with a group option. It's your choice whether to take it or buy your own elsewhere. If you don't carry any, you face a fine on your taxes. While this sounds unfair to those who can't afford it, the goal is to make it less expensive for everyone. The more people who have insurance, the less the overall cost. This is not a perfect system and the USA has a lot of work to fix the healthcare system. Let us worry about that for you.
What should I know?
There are a few basics you should be aware of:
- You have to pay 100% until this runs out
- "Out of Pocket Maximum" is like a deductible after your deductible and means the most you'll pay until insurance covers 100%
- These are the amounts you pay up front to see a doctor
- These are the amounts you'll pay for prescription drugs
- This can have an annual and lifetime maximum
- Plans can also limit what they pay for certain procedures